This year is my first mother's day. How strange is was to wake up and think, I truly AM a mom. A mom to the most wonderful child ever. It didn't sink in at first. But after the breakfast buffet and the trip to Target, it started to hit home. I am this child's mother. I am responsible for taking care of her and raising her and guiding her down the right pathways in life. You bet I deserve a good breakfast and a card at least one day a year! Next year no buffet. I want service! (Actually I thought the DH and T-baby did pretty good seeing how it was their first time. I know each year, the thoughtfullness will grow. Especially as I get better and more experienced as a mom!)
And a note to send some love to all the mom's I know. (Especially my own.) I hope you got fresh squeezed orange juice and your pancakes were made with care. If you are still waiting to be a mom, take a few moments to enjoy your pillow. That's right. In honor of mother's day, I got to sleep late. Until almost 7:45am.
Happy Mother's Day to all. And to all a good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment