Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Jun 12, 2007

Where has the time gone?

We're not gone. We're not hiding. We're just busy.

I'm just going to start it off with a picture. Get it out of the way. It's been a month and you will see the difference in T-baby. She is growing up.



So what is keeping us so busy that we can't find time to write a simple little post or upload a few pictures? We'll, the bulleted list always works well for covering lots of stuff briefly and quickly:
  • Work. I am working full time. Sort of. I work a short day so that I can pick up T-baby from school and spend a little time with her before evening falls. Then I have to work some more from home to make up for the short day.
  • DH has a new job. (Unfortunately further away from T-baby's school so he is no longer able to help with the drop off and pick up process.
  • Home. We decided to move closer to work, school, family.
  • We bought a new house. We close on Friday.
  • We haven't sold, or even listed, our current house. I am overwhelmed everytime I look around and see how much crap we own that must now go into boxes.
  • T-baby. She is finding her way to the "terrible twos" earlier than we hoped. She continues to be a quick study. The big 2 is still two months away, but she is right there with her older counterparts - gaining independence, throwing tantrums, and causing general chaos everywhere.
  • Visiting grandparents. God bless grandparents! (and uncles and aunts and cousins!)
  • Life. It's the day to day stuff that really takes up time. Getting up, getting dressed, getting out the door, eating on occasion, taking baths, saying night-night, collapsing into bed, starting over everyday...

4 comments:

atomic mama said...

Oh, wow, good luck with the move and jobs and everything! Will write more soon...

Anonymous said...

You bet. Our family is experiencing the same with Calista (who's 1 mth younger than Tyler) minus the move portion and Daddy getting a new job. However, mummy (that's me!) moved to a new role within the same company recently and is working just like the way Traci works !! :)

Will send you pics of Calista soon via email.

Virginia

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new house! Hope you have lots of wonderful memories there.

Anonymous said...

Tyler - we are glad to have your daddy back here at Hi-Tech because that means we get to hear about you alot more.