Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Dec 13, 2010

Check a Few Things Off the List

Another day behind us and more crazy running around trying to prepare for our trip. I spent most of the day at the Chinese Consulate applying for and picking up our travel visas. We can now officially travel into China.

Standing around waiting is not the best thing for me to be doing. My mind won't shut down. Every time I think of one thing I need to do, it makes me think of two others! I am slowly (too slowly) getting some of those things done. But it's hard. I like to think and plan and compare and think and plan. Can't do that when you are traveling in 4 days. Got to act. Got to make decisions. Got to try not to have a panic attack.

There has been some good news though today. We got some new pictures via another adopting family who was at the Baotou orphanage last month. They say our son is ADORABLE! Duh. Look at the pics below. And if seeing our son's smiling face wasn't enough to make my day, we also found out that he will be waiting for us on Sunday when we arrive in Hohhot. That's right, this Sunday we unofficially become a family of four.

2 comments:

melanieepp said...

He's beautiful! And he looks so happy! Josey and I are so happy for you. I hope everything goes smoothly - what a Christmas present!
Love, Melanie

Christy and Kevin said...

He is precious! WE just got home in Sept. with our son Keaton from Baotou. What a Merry Christmas your family will have in 2010! We pray for a safe trip and will follow along. Our blog:
http://ourjourneytokeaton.blogspot.com
Christy