Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Feb 21, 2006

Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEE!

That's right - the big ?? - you didn't think I would really say did you? A smart woman never has to lie about her age because she never tells!

Major thanks to everyone who called and wished me a great day!

Special love goes out to my hubby who always makes my birthday (and everyday) special. This morning I went in to shower and taped on the mirror were (not one but) 2 cards. The first said Happy Birthday with love from my dh and the two children dogs. The other was above the sink and had a smiley face. Inside said "When washing your hands* - don't forget to sing the birthday song to yourself, and mean it!" I laughed outloud! I am a lucky woman.

I'm not going to dwell on the getting old, getting fat, or still waiting for my referral moments today. No, today I'm just happy to be here, in this moment, living this life, with wonderful family and friends.

What more could a wishing-to-be-twenty-trying-to-hold-on-to-thirty-but-getting-closer-to-forty gal ask for on her birthday? Nothing.

* A hygiene rule of thumb: While washing your hands, sing the happy birthday song twice. This is the length of time required to properly clean your hands of germs.

1 comment:

M3 said...

Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to yooo - oooo
happy birthday to you.

Hee.