Yesterday my husband and I went to a Chinese New Year party with our adoption agency. Randi and her family graciously allowed us to overrun her house on a beautiful afternoon. There was lots of activity - old friends catching up and new friends meeting. I got to put a face with several names from our agency as well as meet two couples that I have been corresponding with by email. It was like talking to old friends. I'm always amazed at the connection I feel with total strangers! This journey of hope definitely breaks down barriers and opens pathways.
We were dubbed "the couple whose referral should be coming in March". I hope that title sticks!
I have to say that the best part of the afternoon was of course, the children. There were older children, younger children, babies that had just come home and even a referral picture to be passed around. This is what really hits home. The reality that after the long process, there is an ending; a very happy ending!
Thanks everyone at IFS. We love our agency and look forward to our continued relationship. To the families who are home, congratulations and thanks for sharing your experiences with us. To the families that are waiting, like us, hang in there! Next year we will be the ones chasing our kids around the backyard and trying to get them out of the jumping thing! I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment