Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Dec 31, 2006

Goodbye to 2006...

... and the ska-doodle blog!

2006 is arguably the best year of my life to date.

- I celebrated my 5 year wedding anniversary to a man that I dearly love, probably don't deserve, and will always need. He washes my dishes, makes me laugh, deals with my moods, and generally keeps me balanced.

- I finally left the country and took the trip of a lifetime. I always wanted to travel, but never had the income or nerve to go. Now I know it is worth every penny to experience a new culture and first-hand sightseeing.

- I met and fell madly in love with our daughter. I have been waiting years to be a mother and I'm still not sure I've got it figured out, but it has already been more fulfilling than I could have dreamed.

- I passed the 3 year mark on a job I thought was going to just be temporary. I landed in a good place with good people. This company has supported me as a part of the family, not just another employee.

So what does 2007 bring? More of the same good fortune I hope!

The DH and I have plans for this year and I hope that we are successful in our ventures. I hope that we hold our resolve to travel more, even if it is just to go on a camping trip a few hours away. I hope this year finds us both happy in work and in our daily life. I hope that Ty grows strong and secure of her place in our family. I hope that 2007 is another good year.

Resolutions? Just one... I resolve to be stay this happy!

------------------------------

As for this blog...

I started ska-doodle to share our adoption experience with our family and friends. Along the way I remembered how much I like to write and share my experiences. I also rekindled an old love for photography. Having this blog has been a great gift to myself, not just my readers.

But January finds me back at work and T-baby in school. I have been struggling to even keep pictures on the blog, let alone add commentary. It bothers me nightly that I am behind in my posting and that I never find time to respond to my comments. I think it is time to let ska-doodle go!

STOP! I CAN'T DO IT! I CAN'T STOP THE BLOG!

I keep going over this in my head, writing, reading, rewriting, thinking... I really love this blog! I apologize if I caused anyone pause, but I am still overwhelmed with motherhood, going back to work, Ty starting school, and just generally functioning on a day-to-day basis as a family of three! (plus two dogs!)

To my faithful readers, the few of you that are left, hang tight. I will get it together and the blog will be back stronger and more interesting than ever. Well maybe not more interesting, but I'm feeling motivated so let's just go with it! Maybe I'll remodel the interface. Maybe I'll categorize the posts. Maybe I'll take a break and get back to you next week!

I'm wishing you all a great 2007!

And I know I can't have a neurotic post this long without pictures of my favorite subject! I took these while experimenting with my new camera that Santa DH brought me as a Christmas present. I call it "Faces of Ty". I think she is already getting tired of me following her around!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very merry New Year to you and the family!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you aren't gone for too long! I will miss you too much! LOL:o) Many blessings to you and your family in 2007~

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not quitting...even if just on occasion...it is such a treat to sneak away to the computer and push that magic key that brings up Ska-doole and then wait for it to come up and smile when I see there is a new posting! And how could I not love such a daughter-in-law who loves my son so much and who is such a great mom to our very special granddaughter. Yes, you deserve your DH and he deserves you, and you both deserve Ty!!! Happy New Year to ones we love so dear.

Nana

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Don't go!!! We love reading about Tyler! and remember - Tyler will love reading this later on down the road! :)

Mo and Gi

Julie said...

Please don't go, just post once a month with new picture we don't mind!!! Otherwise you'll just have to put me and Kacey on your family email lists so I get to watch my other sweet Anhui girl grow.

Happy New Year!!!