If any one was cleaver enough to notice, this is a backdated post. I was too exhausted yesterday to sit down and type. Ty didn't feel much like sleeping - at nap time or at bedtime, but she had such a good week that I really wanted to get it written down. So here goes...
Language - This was the big one this week. It literally seemed like she woke up today and decided to speak. Now we are not talking sentences or anything here, but she decided what words to say and out they came:
- daddy - Clear as day! She woke up happy as usually and needing a diaper change. I was carrying her out of our room when she pointed at DH lying in bed and said 'daddy'. What a way to start the day!
- bump - I told you, she decided on the words! We were driving through the parking lot and when I went over a pothole, I said bump. From the backseat I heard 'bump'. I almost wrecked into the car in front of me when I turned around to see if in fact it was Ty in the backseat. Then another crater in the road, and 'bump'! Bump, bump bump, all the way home. It is currently her favorite word. (Thank goodness she got out 'daddy' first. I would have hated to tell him that 'bump' came before him!)
- oh yeah - We have a Ralph's World video DVD that came with the CD. In her favorite song about clapping your hands and stomping your feet, they hold up their fist and say 'oh yeah'. So did Ty!
- hot - This one is still a little fuzzy, but we know that is what she is saying. She walks up to the (unlit) candle, touches it and pulls back and says 'hot'. Okay more like 'ahhht', but the word is there!
- more - Not a spoken word, but she signed "more" for the first time. I showed it to her thinking that since she is such a good mimic, maybe I could use that to my advantage. She got the motion right away and during dinner, quickly figured out what a cool thing she had learned. A fun motion with your hands and extra food shows up! It's like a magical dream come true! She is having some difficulty with when to use it. It never occurred to me how similiar the sign for 'more' and the motion for an itsy bitsy spider crawling up a water spout are!
- For anyone that doesn't know, yes, she does say Mama - alot! Gotta love my girl. It was her first word and still the most used.
Skills - Her physical skills just keep coming. She is such a quick study. It doesn't take her long to figure many things out.
- Stacking Ring Toy - We have been playing with the wooden rings because they are perfect to stick on your fingers, but I had stashed the post so she could not walk around with it. A few days ago, we were in her room getting ready for nap time and she was doing anything she could to hold off the inevitable. I was hanging something in her closet and when I turned around she was holding the post to the stacking ring toy. She proceeded to put every ring on the post and without hesitation, look up at me and smile! Then she dumped them off and did it again!
- Spinning in Circles - Music finally brought it out of her. She couldn't take it anymore... she just turned around to look at where the song was coming from and next thing she knew she had made a circle. Seemed fun so she did it again. And again!
1 comment:
What a good week! I'm with you everyday I come home Kacey has learned something new, it's hard to keep up.
Post a Comment