Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Apr 1, 2007

I Got My Craft On

March project: RECYCLE

The month is up again and I'm scrambling to finish my "Get Your Craft On" project. I knew what I wanted to do from day one of this months theme announcement. Finding time to actually do it was another story.

I have, what some might call, an obsession with cast-offs. I scour thrift stores and garage sales looking for mismatched, misplaced, trinkets, boxes, bargains. I have visions of combining these things together to make beautiful, repurposed objects.

I have a special calling towards all things glass - plates, punch bowls, party platters, jars, stemware, etc. If it doesn't have a mate, I want it. If it is pleasing to my eye, I want it. If it is cracked in just the right spot to add character, I want it. Unfortunately lots of things fall into these categories and I have cabinets full of this kind of stuff.

So this months theme worked for me in two ways: I had a reason to finally piece these objects together to recycle and reuse, and I cleared out some of my junk! For your crafting pleasure, I made Punch Cup "Castoff" Candlesticks and Party Food "Discard" Dishes.





To see other recycle projects, go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Traci,

I love your inventions, creations, innovations !

They're recycled, but my gosh, they are unique and very-beautifully ORIGINAL, one-of-a-kind treasures that no where else in the world can you find them !!

Your recycled re-purposed objects are extremely beautiful, I MUST say. I love them !

Just a note to let you know I am awed by your creativity. Hope Tyler will pick up some of this "genes" from you ! :)