I followed a comment back to my blog and for the first time in a long time I went back and read some of my posts. Mostly I laughed at the goofy things I wrote, one time I almost cried at a comment left on the day we meet T-baby, and often I found myself staring at pictures in amazement of the changes.
Today, (even though T-baby has been in "school" all summer) was the official First Day of School. The teacher was dressed a little nicer, not wearing her shorts and sandals mandatory during summer in Houston. The classroom was clean and organized, everything in its place. The 2-3 year olds were in a new classroom, with new cubbies, and a different snack place. The parents were a little confused. Trying to figure out where to put everything since it was different than Friday, but we stumbled through, offering each other guidance when we could.
T-baby sat, like any other day, at the main table and finished her milk from breakfast. She was in wonder at all the activity around her. New friends, lots of parents, and general chaos as everyone adjusted. Of course T-baby always loves the activity around her. It's normal. A quick kiss goodbye and I was out the door to figure out where to hang her backpack, looking back at a smiling daughter who found herself excited about the First Day of School.
2006 2007

2006 2007
4 comments:
Wow! What a difference a year makes! She already looks like she is growing up!
Too cute - she's growing into that backpack!
Sweet little girl.
Tyler looked baby'ish in the '06 photos and just as cute. She is such a sweetie now and just as lovely.
Gee what beautiful children! I love all the pics. Thanks for sharing their happy smiles. I'm a grandma and love children. We have 12 grandchildren. Thank you, Josie
josies3avon@aol.com
Post a Comment