The headline in the Houston Chronicle today reads "Meg Ryan adopts baby during China visit". Let me get this straight... if I visit China I can adopt a baby while I am there? Why am I wasting all this time with paperwork and such?!
Let me stop there and state that I am thrilled that Meg Ryan was able to adopt a Chinese child that was in need of a forever home. I'm sure she will be a great mom and I wish her all the best. That said...
Why is the press so ignorant? They make is sound like Meg Ryan took a vacation to China and while she was there decided to pick up a little souvenir. It is almost as bad as the "...play mother..." comment in previous articles. I think this is pure ignorance on the part of the reporting press. If I had more "cahonies" I would write a letter and educate them, but I don't, so I won't! I am a little offended by the paper's use of words, but it's only because I am living it.
It makes me jealous.
I know that Meg Ryan had to go through all the steps that we did with the US government and the Chinese government, but to the outside world it sounds so easy. I am frustrated because it is not that easy.
What is funny about this (Come on who else has had this happen too?) is that everyone that knows that we are adopting from China has said to me this week, "You know Meg Ryan is adopting from China!" Great. So are hundreds/thousands of other people. Where are our headlines? Why can't it sound so easy for us?
Bottom line... it's not easy. The press can say what they will, I know the truth. Meg Ryan filled out paperwork. We fill out mounds of paperwork. Meg Ryan agonized over the wait. We agonize over the wait. Meg Ryan finally met her child...
One day soon, we will met our children.
No comments:
Post a Comment