Anyhoo... some updates and pictures from the past weekend. I will catch up on this week next post.
Friday, October 13 - Doctor's Appointment
We had our first official doctors appointment today. (The one when we got back didn't really count since we were checking on her sniveling nose! And no, we did not check that we had snivels on our customs/medical card.) T-baby needed to see the doc about vaccinations. We have a vaccination record from her orphanage, but no one seems to think we should trust it.
Dr. A got info from the International Adoption Clinic at Texas Children's and gave us the run down on blood tests, re-vacinations, and parasite tests. I won't give too much detail on the parasite test but basically I had to sample Ty's diaper contents into vials and return for testing (Need I really say more on that topic?!). We decided to have the blood tests done at a lab so that T won't hate Dr. A before they ever get to know one another. Something to look forward to next week. And as for revacinations - I am against it. I don't believe in giving a child more medication than absolutely necessary. So we are going to take a little extra blood and test for antibodies and maybe avoid some repeated shots.
T-baby did get a TB skin test. I would have never expected her to handle it so well. Dr. A came in with a needle and she didn't bat an eye. I held her in my lap, preparing for the squirming and screaming, but she just sat there. She watched the needle go in her arm and didn't move until Dr. A pulled it out. Just like that. No big deal. I hope the blood tests go as smoothly. I can dream can't I?
And now for what you really want to know:
Weight: 27.1 lbs
Height: 32 inches
And so you don't have to go back several posts... that's 1 pound heavier and just over 1 inch taller than our medical exam in Guangzhou 3 weeks ago. I knew my arms were fatiguing sooner!!

Saturday, October 14 - Big Day of Play
T-baby had an all day play extravaganza on Saturday. We started the morning at Nana and Pop Pops for breakfast where we met our cousins J and J. Man did Ty enjoy having other kids around to play with. I would have noticed the pangs of guilt I'm feeling for not getting her in a playgroup or something already, but I was too busy watching T enjoy herself. Why is it that kids (and for T - men) are so much more fun than mom? Ty had a blast running and playing and laughing out loud. (I sometimes forget that she has spent the first year of her life in a room with other children. I bet she misses the interaction.) What a fun way to start the weekend.

And if that wasn't enough fun... we took her mattress shopping! Just kidding, well no, we did take her mattress shopping, but the fun was on our way home...
We stopped in to see MeeMaw and PaPa in the afternoon. We had fun sitting in a T-sized rocking chair and discovering toys in a basket. The good times just kept getting better when we all walked down to the neighborhood park. T-baby took her first (or we assume first) ride in a swing. Man did she love it. She did take time out however to flirt a little with the boy next to her before continuing on to the slides. PaPa and Daddy practically did all the work, but Ty got to slide a few inches and thought it was quite a treat.


We haven't seen T-baby so open and happy since we got home. She was accepting to everyone and seemed to genuinely have a great day. I know the DH and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Sunday, October 15 - Day of Rest
Not exactly a day of rest. Sunday in our household means football. Not much else happens! Ty is learning to watch with DH, but hasn't quite caught the fever. I'm sure it's just a matter of time! :) It was another great weekend getting to know our daughter. And just a note - This day last month we left Houston (late, but we left) to start our journey towards China and the sweetest little girl we could have ever hoped to be a part of our family.
2 comments:
The pic on the swing is so adorable. She looks like she is doing really wonderful. I know ya'll are enjoying and loving her so much. Again - I'm so happy for you guys.
Isn't it amazing how the girls blossom with other kids, our trip to Florida and St. Louis totally brought Kacey out of her shell, she'd just wave bye bye and head over to wherever the action was!
Next, I'm brining Kacey to your house, I still can't get her to 24 pounds! The doctor says she's fine since she eats like a truck driver and green beans are her favorite food but it gives me something to worry about :) Nana and PopPop fed her 2 eggs this AM so at least she's eating for them this first day home alone without Mom!!
Post a Comment