Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Jan 21, 2007

Random Posts

Okay, it's been so long since I have posted about anything, that I can't remember where I left off! I constantly have ideas roaming around my head about things to note on the blog, but I can't seem to ever get past the idea stage and find the time to write it out. Let me just try to catch up on a few things that have happened lately. That's a good place to start. So here goes:

Healthy as a ...

Ty had blood drawn in December to test for antibodies to her vaccinations. (We chose to wait a few months before subjecting her to tons of needles. We thought we would make sure she liked us first!) We got shot records from the orphanage, but were told not to trust them to be accurate. So we had a series of blood tests done called titers. Results: All her vaccinations were good. The only thing missing was a tetanus shot.

Have I mentioned that she was a trooper while they took blood. She sat perfectly still in my lap and only cried briefly when they first stuck her with the needle. After that she just watched. I was a little light headed when we stood up, but she was fine! (I think I forgot to breathe because I was so nervous for her.)

So there were still a few things missing that the US doctors recommend and it is past her 15 month check up, so guess what? Shots. That's right. Seven to be exact. We had four done on the first visit and are looking forward to 3 more in a few weeks. Then we can officially pronounce her healthy, well, except that now she has started daycare and already has her first cold!

-------------------------------------------

Ah yes, Daycare!

So we are officially in school. We made it through the first partial week and then on to the next week. And now we are old pros! We still cry every morning. (Okay, I have stopped crying, but sometimes I feel like it because she is!) And we are still anxious for a big hug at the end of the day. They tell me she is doing great once I leave, but I only see the start and finish, so they could be just telling me what I want to hear!!

Just kidding. So far we love her teachers and Ty really seams to respond well to them. She is eating all of her lunch and snacks and occasionally a little extra. She has never been a problem eater. She is taking naps. 2 hour naps. They have to wake her up. Who's child is this? At home, I spend more time trying to get her to take a nap, then she actually naps. The only downside is that we are having a few nights where she is not wanting to sleep at bedtime, but I think she is starting to adjust.

She even has a cute little "stalker" boyfriend. This adorable boy in her class is apparently very infatuated with Ty. (Can you blame him?!) He strokes her cheeks and tries to hug her constantly. Ty is not impressed. She get's frustrated by all the attention and begins to scream. The teachers have to keep them apart. Probably good. I've seen Ty frustrated. This kid might not like what he gets!



-------------------------------------------

Back to the Grind

I'm back at work. I can't decide if I am happy about it or not. Part of me enjoys the adult company for a change, but come on... it's work! Three months off is not long enough to make it any better. I was sure I would come back excited and ready to jump back into my projects. Well, that lasted about a day! Actually I love where I work and the job is pretty good, just, well, as I said before... it's work!

The hardest part is leaving Ty every day. I may have complained at one time or another about spending ALL my time with Ty, but when that time is gone, now that's a different story. I spend a good deal of my day either talking about her or wondering what she is doing at that moment. Is she enjoying her lunch? Did I remember to send a blanket? Will they be able to play outside today? Is she wearing warm enough clothes? You get the idea.

Basically I just miss her madly! And somehow she knew I was worrying about her. On my first day back at work she sent me flowers. Talk about making my day/week/year! I have a suspicion her daddy may have helped a little, but they were clearly from my baby.

I'll leave you with the pics and a promise to post again soon.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your update! You guys are both troopers! :o) I can't imagine having to leave her, the time seems to have gone by so fast. Has she really been home for three months??

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been that long either! Glad she's so healthy and enjoying school.

Anonymous said...

Oh - that's so sweet. The flowers are beautiful and so is Tyler.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Traci, Tyler and Tyler's Daddy. Well done, all of you!

I began sending my little Calista to music classes at Kindermusik and she enjoys them all.

Thanks for sharing the note on the vaccinations. Now I feel I can trust my daughter's vaccine report more.

Keep going trio !