Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Apr 11, 2006

Buff is Beautiful

I joined a gym!

Ouch, what was I thinking? I worked out at the gym tonight and I am already sore. I have officially been to the gym 4 times. Once to check it out and three times to lift weights. I am sore, but I already feel the "buffness" coming on!

So what spurred this bout of insanity? Believe it or not... the referral wait! When we started this adoption process the wait was 6 months. Our papers went in June so I figured referral in December, travel in January or February. Winter. Extra fat is good in winter, it keeps you warm.

So then the wait spread out to more around 8 months. So I started planning on referral in February, travel in March or April. Ahhh, springtime. The perfect time to be in China. Not to hot, not to cold. Short pants, t-shirts and sneakers. Perfect.

Okay, it's April and we are still here waiting. Waiting means another change of seasons. We are now hoping for referral in May or June, travel in July or August. SUMMER! Hot, humid, sticky! (Just like home.) There is no place for extra fat in summer. No place for running out of breath in the heat of summer. No where to hide in summer.

I want to be able to wear my shorts and sandles without a second thought. To not think twice about throwing on a bathing suit to swim with the little one. To be able to carry our daughter at all. Babies are heavy, and squirmy... even the littlest ones! "Buffness" is needed.

Wish us luck in our referral wait. And luck to me on my new fit "buff is beautiful" body. These are both things worth waiting for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!

Nana

M3 said...

Good luck in both!!!

The buffness goal is a great one. I'm trying to work myself up to doing it, but I'm just such a wimp and so good at excuses. I'll keep trying!