It's amazing how time flys. It was just a week ago that we saw our daughters sweet face for the first time. We are counting the days until we get to meet her face-to-face (and complaining along the way because again we wait!). But while we were busy sharing our joy with everyone we could, a week went by. Just like that a week counted down. It's was like nothing! Now if all the weeks to come can go by just as fast...
Of course at some point we will have to stop daydreaming and staring at "that face" and actually get ready to go. We are so far behind. Progress was slow this weekend, but slow is better than nothing at all. We had a breakfast meeting on Saturday and pulled out the master list of Things-to-Do! I think we checked off like 2 things. AHHHHH! We've got to move a little faster!
So if we can figure out a way to make the weeks go by faster but the weekend days slower... then we can get everything done, but still get to China in record time. Anyone got one of the time/space continuim warp drive machine thingy-ma-bobs? Can we borrow it? Please!!!
4 comments:
I know what it is to stare at "that face"....I have her completely imprinted on my brain and would know her anywhere. Time will fly by quicker than you think, and when it is time to go, you'll go whether things are all completed on your list or not. You'll just go and get your daughter!
Nana
I have been watching with you and praying for you and now I can rejoice with you. The best part of your life is about to begin. Congatulations and Blessings!
Susi
( a friend of your in-laws )
I wish I could help speed time up for you all but sadly I can't!! So bittersweet waiting for someone you have waited so long for.
Make the most of it packing, getting the last minute things and spending time together as a couple... A couple who will soon be completely dominated by Baby Girl! At least one fantabulous dinner out ok?!
All the best to you all and my sincerest congratulations!
Hey ya'll! If you don't need the sweater you can always send it to Germany! :) It's COLD here already! I'm missing Texas more and more every day...
And while we have been up in the clouds too and finally getting around to looking at all the blogs - yes we did get our call and Jaiden is more precious than anything we could have ever imagined!
Post a Comment