Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Aug 1, 2006

Better Late Than Never

The CCAA Website officially changed to reflect the July 13, 2005 cut off date for referrals. For the record, our referral wait was 12 months, 23 days from LID to referral. We made it in just under the 13 months that some are waiting. I hope desperately for families that follow us, that the wait does not contiue to expand. We know first hand that the waiting is the hardest part!

We are still on cloud 9 and refusing to come down for a little while longer. There are things to be done and details to work out, but we are just taking some time to adjust to being mom and dad to a beautiful baby girl. sniff. sniff. We are again waiting for the process to move forward and get us to China, but at least this time we know who we are waiting for.

Thanks to everyone that has visited our blog and made such thoughtful comments. It's nice to have new eyes on the page. We appreciate your input and look forward to a lasting readership. I would like to respond to each of you, but it takes too much time away from staring at my daugher's precious face, so here is a quick run down of a few things I wanted to comment on:
  • Sara with IFS - please say hello at the next get together.
  • Yes, I think she's gorgeous too!
  • Yes, I think she's gorgeous too!
  • We'd love to hear more about other girls from Hefei SWI.
  • Yes, actually. We love the outfits!
  • Kim - please tell us you got the call.
  • Yes, Hefei SWI is a Half the Sky orphanage.
  • My DH is still grinning!
  • Yes, I think she's gorgeous too! (oops, did I already say that?!)

Will try to get my feet back on the ground soon and keep up the posts. Until then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lu Yue Man is BEAUTFIFUL!!! Congratulations!!!!

Our youngest daughter came from AnHui province. We got to bring her home when she was nine months old. She is four and a half years old, now. Our wait after LID was just over fourteen months...aargg! What a long wait it is for us to receive our precious daughters. (Eleven years ago, I had thought waiting FOUR months for referral was terrible!...that was for our oldest from JiangXi province).

Congratulations, again!!!

~Monica

Julie said...

As a technical dork I can't get the screen capture of the CCAA page change, would you send it to me? We Anhui parents have to stick together!!!!

Julie