Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Aug 13, 2006

Travel Mates

This weekend we met our travel buddies. I was so excited to get emails from them and start the friendship. We feel so fortunate to have other families to share this journey with.
  • One family is from MO and they have been referred a 14 month old daughter from Feidong County SWI in Anhui Province. This is their 2nd Chinese adoption. They will bring their now 7 year old daughter with them to China. We look forward to the added enjoyment this child will bring to the group.
  • The other family is from MI and have a five year old daughter. (She will not be traveling with us.) They have been referred a 12 month old daughter from Hefei Children's Welfare Institute in Anhui Province. There new child is living in the same place as our daughter. They are 2 weeks apart in age. We hope they are keeping each other company.
Lucky for us we will be traveling with veteran parents. We have been a little worried about our first-time parenting skills, especially learning how much or how little we know in a hotel room in China!

Okay... travel partners (check) - we are ready! Let's get those TA's moving our way and on the road!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe I just met the couple you will be traveling with here in MO last week at the mall! What a small world!! I was going to call them soon and ask them to take some pictures back to Hefei for me. I am sure you all will be able to visit the orphanage or your guide would give it to them.

Another Hefei mom sent me your blog. I have a 4 1/2 yr old Hefei daughter. Your daughter looks VERY similar to my daughter at that age.

I can't wait to follow your jouney to Hefei!

Blessings,
Paula W
peachykay92@yahoo.com

Julie said...

CCAI got their TA's today, where are ours. I've got my travel mates checked off the list too and I'm ready to GOOOOO.