Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Nov 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

And the holiday season has officially begun!

We had a wonderful day today. Lots of food, family, and fun! My parents hosted Thanksgiving dinner at their house: dad cooked the bird and mom made all the good stuff to go with it! Well not all the good stuff - some of us brought our "specialty dishes". Mine? Well I borrowed it from DH's family. It's his grandmother's corn casserole. Yummy.

DH's mom & SD, along with SD's dad came to join the festivities. I love that we can have both families together in the same house. The competition for Ty's attention was hardly noticeable - everyone just took their turn when she came around. Two sets of grandparents just meant more people to act silly and play.

And it wasn't just about grandparents, there was Uncle J, Aunt M, Uncle A, and Auntie K. And of course cousin Z and J. We were missing several cousins and even though there was a crowded house it seemed a little quiet without A, D, M, and C! Oh and Ty was there! She had to compete a little with the football game, but mostly she was the center of attention. She ate down her first Thanksgiving feast and asked for more. As did we all...

We are truly blessed with wonderful families.

So as I sit with my belly still full and a little groggy from the turkey, I'm reflecting on what we are thankful for this year. There is one big obvious one, but the small ones are just as meaningful. I leave you with our list and a wish that your day was enjoyable and the food was good! Happy Thanksgiving.

What we are thankful for in 2006:
- our sweet girl Ty
- good weather for bike riding
- 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep
- good health
- a close, loving family
- the freedom to choose
- being married to a best friend
- Fluff-Daddy and Grrl Pearl
- Everyday with Ty
- Caffeine

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Holidays, although everyday with Tyler is like a holday!!!!!

Julie said...

That would be "holiday" if I could type!