Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Nov 27, 2006

T-Baby vs. the Juice Box

Ty drinks water. Loves it. Prefers it. I have tried several times to offer her other tasty beverages but she will take one sip and usually spit it out! Apple juice gets a scrunched up nose. Milk, well, when milk hits her tongue, she just opens her mouth and lets it dribble out! She will take a sip of soda if someone else is drinking it. Her face shows "yeak" but if the opportunity presents itself to drink from a straw, she will savor ever moment and ask repeatedly for more.

So mom has one of those "hit me over the head" moments and realizes the secret is in the straw! So one day with the MickeyD Happy Meal, we order juice. Juice in a box. With a straw. I opened the happy box, (checked out the toy,) pulled out the juice, inserted the straw, and stepped back to watch the miracle of apple juice in a box!

Ty, being her usual self, thoroughly studied this box. This box with a straw (full of juice). She held the box with both hands, pointed the bendable straw at her mouth, and gave it a squeeze! I've never seen apple juice shoot out of a box with quite so much zest. It was a steady stream straight at her face, down her shirt, and completely soaking her pants. Okay. The straw works.

Take two, with a little direction from mom. The apple juice came out of the box, up through the straw, and into her mouth. Success! The nose didn't wrinkle. Her mouth stayed closed. I think I even heard an "ahhh"! More mama, more! Unfortunately Ty was wearing most of the apple juice so our juice box experience was short lived. We tried the straw in a cup of water, but without the surrounding box, the straw just wouldn't stay put.

Maybe the secret is in the box...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Straw and girls from China a perfect combination and the ONLY way Kacey will drink anything but water!!!