Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Mar 12, 2007

Rainy Day Fun

Raining. Stuck inside. Bored. Try Beans!

A dishwashing bucket, 2 lbs of dried pinto beans, a few spoons and miscellaneous tupperware and off you go. Fun in the sun (or florescent lighting)!

We started with rice and although I think that was more fun for play purposes, clean up was, well, we're still finding rice in the carpet. The beans are much easier to find and a blanket on the floor helped. Luckily we have yet to find a bean in the mouth, nose, or ear.



4 comments:

Julie said...

Much nicer than play doh, spring is coming then outside we will be worrying about the sand and dirt everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that looks like fun!!

shelley said...

Great idea....I believe we will try that here.

Shelley
finishingourfamilyfromchina.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but I bet you didn't check Steve's mouth, nose or ears! Ha Ha