Today I found out that I am taking two trips in April for work. I'm scheduled to go to Anaheim, CA the first part of April for the NSTA conference then to St. Louis, MO the last week in April for the NCTM conference. Cool. Little break in the daily grind. I called my dh to tell him that I was definitely going and he said...
"So if the FedEx envelope comes while you're gone, do I have to wait for you to open it?"
Wait a minute! Hold the phone! Not so fast!
I can't go out of town in April. What if our referral comes? I have to be home incase our referral comes. I need to be home when the FedEx guy comes to our house!
I'm not sure what paniced me more; knowing that I might miss the FedEX guy or knowing that we are close enough to our referral day that I have to even consider the FedEx guy!
All wishful thinkers and forever optimists think that July referrals could start showing up in April. My heart wants to believe that is true. My cup-half-empty side says, no way that will happen.
Well, I've got to go to these conferences, so I'm going to have take my chances. Best case scenario the referrals will come, but they will come during the week in April that I am home. Worst case: I'll have to catch the first available flight from CA or MO and get home fast! Dh promised not to look until I get there!
2 comments:
Crossing my fingers and praying hard that you get your referral in April!
I'm the queen of those wishful thinkers! Come on April!!!!!!!
Post a Comment