Today would be a good day. I still liked the fabric choices and the color scheme. I had a sound mental picture of the completed nursery in my mind, and it was good. So with fabric swatches in hand I started with a quick team meeting over breakfast. Everyone was still on board with our choices from Day 1 and we proceeded to Day 2 activities.
Paint
Green, blue, purple, pink... lots of colors to choose from... no problem. Ha! I never had any idea how hard it would be to match a color to 4 different fabric swatches. Oh lord, what were we thinking. My team was strong. We persevered! We tried blues to match the curtains - too gray, too dark, not quite right. We tried green to match the bedding - to yellow, to olive, not quite right. We tried pink to match the trim - uhh, no. Finally we located a very pale blue-green paint chip. This was the one. Perfect. Bought a gallon and crossed our fingers.
We can always repaint.
Fabric
The paint was choosen using small slivers of fabric swatches, so now we were committed. Under the watchful eye of my sister (so we couldn't change our minds), the fabric was cut from the bolts and purchased. Finally the decisions were made and there was no going back.
Mom is on sewing duty. I offered to help, she suggested she would actually get it done, I agreed. Sister is on consultant duty, meaning that any thought of changing my mind must be run through her first. This is just a precautionary measure, but probably a smart one. I am on paint duty. Taping, tarping, cutting-in - the fun stuff.
With a little luck and a lot of work, this nursery might actually come together.
Sneak Peak
1 comment:
I'm so proud, now that's what I call progress. Love the fabric!
Post a Comment