After 2 solid days of referral announcements and picture posts from families with LIDs through June 15, I am back in "baby mode"! So many beautiful faces and new families, I can't help but feel uplifted. I am officially back and working on the nursery.
Prep Work
Can I just start by saying, this part of the job sucks! I know it is necessary, you would know too if you could see the room. Let me
remind you that this room was used by my dh as an office/music room/workshop for the last several years. When he moved his stuff out, he cleaned and filled holes. Today I finished moving him out, cleaning and filling holes. Did I mention that my dh is an avid dart thrower? (We actually met playing darts, but that's for another post.) Have you ever had the privilege of having a dart board hanging in your home. If so, you will be able to identify with this pic! All those little black dots are from dart tips sticking in the wall. No one hits the board all the time!
After the dart board fixes, I went after the screws and the anchors and the nails, oh my! I got to use my handy girl-tools that Grandma Ruth gave me for Christmas. I felt so handy, and yet still feminine, with these flowery girl-tools in hand. Big thanks to Grandma Ruth :)Spackle is my new best friend. I used so much of it today, I think it would have been easier to just redo the drywall. The walls would probably be sturdier without all the patches!
Next on the list - drop clothes and taping off the baseboards. Tedious by again necessary. We had new carpet installed last summer and it sits tight against the baseboards. I had to tape down the edges so they don't drag through the paint.
Paint
Are you kidding me! I've been prepping the room for almost 3 hours. There will be no painting today. It is a holiday weekend ya know, and I'm going to spend a little time "holidaying"! I'll get back to the nursery tomorrow, or the next day, or maybe next weekend, okay eventually!!
No comments:
Post a Comment