Today was indeed a good day for June Jitterbugs. The June 28th rumors held true and there are many happy families about to see their babies face for the first time. We were really hoping that they would finish out the month, but we take what comes our way.
As I was reading the Yahoo boards and getting wrapped up in the excitement, my mind started to wander (as it often does) and I found myself thinking about how soon it will finally be our turn. The thought crossed my mind that it could be next month. That's only 4-5 weeks from now. Holy Schnikes!
That's when panic set in... pure adrenaline rushing panic! WE ARE NOT READY! We can't get our referral next month! We have only had 12 months to prepare! We need more time! There's too much to do before we can have a baby in our lives! Did I say Holy Schnikes!?
choke... gasp...
deep breathes...
About this time an email shows up from the DH. "Yeah. I really hope we are next!" (What? We're not ready!) I reply to his email in the midst of my overwhelming feelings of hopelessness: "We're not ready!" I tell him. His reply: "We're ready."
What about all the things that have to be done? What about the lists? There are packing lists, medical lists, to-do lists. And I'm sure there are other lists still left to be made. What about the nursery? Painted walls does not a nursery make!!
Then it hit me. In a moment of clarity I realized that yes, indeed we are ready. We have a zillion and a half things left to do to prepare, but in our hearts we are ready to bring our daughter home.
Come on July!
1 comment:
Come on July! Yeah!!!!!
Post a Comment