Lists Currently Under Construction
- Packing List
- Packing for the trip to China is in itself a huge undertaking. There are many packing lists available on the internet, on the boards, on other blogs and I've even had a few graciously sent directly to me. But you can't just pick up someone else's packing list. I've got to compare and contrast and add in and take out. This could be one of the most time consuming and last completed lists.
- Home Repair List
- Pretty self explanatory. A few items on this list include painting the hallway, repairing the small sheetrock holes in the "dogs" room, and finishing the molding around the fireplace.
- Preparations for China Trip List
- Includes things like installing an alarm system, deciding what to do about the dogs while we are away, and considering frozen meals for the return home. Some of the things on this list scare me because we may have procrastinated too long to actually get all this done.
- What's needed to Finish the Nursery List
- I keep finding myself returning to this one because it is the fun one - decorating!!
- Baby Shower Attendees List
- I started this one a long time ago when I thought our referral wait would be much shorter. Hopefully the offer is still there for a baby shower when our referral does finally come, so I've got to be ready.
- Who to Send a Baby Announcement List
- If you want one and you're not related, now's the time to ask! :)
- Clothes I Need to Buy List
- Come on now, a girls allowed a little indulgence!
- Things to Buy While in China List
- Again related to shopping, but still a valid list. We want to be sure to bring home things for our child from her birth country to share with her as she grows. Some examples I have seen include pearls for her wedding, a jade keychain for her 16th birthday, dolls for toddler years, silk outfits for celebrations, etc.
- Documents to Gather List
- The paperwork part of this journey is never officially over!
- Reasons Why I Can't Get Anything Done Lately List
- This is a very short list. Only two things on it. 1) We are so excited about how close we are to actually meeting our child that it is starting to take over our daily thoughts. 2) It takes a lot of time to make all these lists!
4 comments:
You are SO CLOSE!!!
I've officially started list madness month too. Whooohoooo. You just never know...
Wow! I need to borrow your lists girl! :o)
Great idea about buying stuff for your daughter from her homeland. My cousin did that too! Please add us to the baby shower list! mo
Since I'm done with the packing list I'm going to copy you and do a couple of extra lists. Who would have thought lists could be so much fun!!!
Post a Comment