Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Jun 13, 2006

Ketch-Up

I can't believe the weekend is over. I mean it's already Tuesday. What happened? I know I had a weekend. I'm sure I left work on Friday and returned on Monday. But here it is Tuesday and I'm just starting to realize that another weekend is fast approaching.

All weekend I kept thinking I would sit down and post to the blog. I'm trying desperately to keep up the posting and even more desperately to post about something interesting. I am very aware that I am lacking in the second part.

So a quick catch up on events to get the blog up-to-date:
  • Friday night was "date" night. Dinner and a movie back home for a little TV. Thank goodness for our DVR because there is nothing on TV on Friday night. We went with reruns of Without a Trace.

  • Saturday morning ritual: Thrift store shops. First one open at 9:00, the one that sells the best furniture opens at 10:00, had time inbetween to visit the one with the nice baby clothes.

  • Early afternoon brought a trip to Home Depot for painting supplies. That's right, Project Nursery - Day 5 took place this weekend. Okay, Project Nursery - Half a Day 5. I painted a second coat on the walls, baseboards, and doorframes. So glad I went to the trouble. As bad as my muscles ache from bending and reaching, it was worth it for how well the room color came out.

  • What would Project Nursery - Half a Day 5 be without Project Nursery - Three Quarters of a Day 6? DH hung a new ceiling fan and blinds on the windows. I helped by continuing to ask if he needed to read the instructions and handing him the screwdriver.

  • Project Nursery - Three Quarters of a Day continued with, what else, a shopping trip. I made a trip to the Big Bad Baby Store to buy a sheet for the crib. I only got mildly distracted by the gliders on sale and the bath toys before I made a quick escape and finished my errands.

  • The evening contained one of the highlights of Project Nursery - Three Quarters of a Day. My mom and dad came over to spend the evening. My mom brought the bedding and curtain that she made from the infamous fabric we bought on Day 2. Stopped in my tracks how fantastic it looked. I couldn't quit saying how excited I was to have the room actually start looking like a nursery. (If you are in the market for custom baby bedding, drop me an email and I'll see if I can hook you up with the pro!) My dad helped too by hanging the curtain rod. It is really beneficial to have a handy tall person in the family. I apologize for dragging him away from the basketball playoff game that I used to bribe him over to the house. My mom is doing some tweaking of the bumper pad and I need to hem the curtain, but as soon as we get it back together, I promise to post pictures.

  • So I know everyone is dying to know what we did with the One Fourth of a Day left over from Day 6... are you sure you want to know? Ok but be warned - heebie jeebies may commence! We have bees. Every summer they come back to our house and every summer we battle them away. This year we are having a hard time getting them to go. Our bee-guy (not his real name) thinks we have a honeycomb. Well he was partially correct. We had about 10. My DH pulled away the face board on the house and found literally 100's of dead bees and layers of honey dripped combs. He pulled them down to the ground. Ick. They were covered in larvae. Gross. We picked them off the ground and triple bagged them for the trash, rinsed the area, turned the dirt (so the dogs wouldn't be attracted to the honey), and prepared to repair the side of the house. Just to make it a little more creature-ridden, a decent sized water mocassin showed himself. Urgh. I think we disturbed him with all the ruckus. DH got rid of him. I am still having issues walking into our backyard.

  • Monday and Tuesday find me back at work. Nothing even remotely interesting there. Both evenings I have begun to wash all the second-hand baby clothes I have been buying on my Saturday Thrift Store adventures. I guess I've decided that the nursery is looking enough like a nursery to actually start acting like that is what it is. The room however continues to be lacking something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm sure it will come together. What could a nursery need to really be a nursery...

That's it. I'm caught up. If you made it through this post than your life may be as mundane as mine. I've either got to accept that I've become a predictable, almost middle aged woman or I've got to spend more time doing fun and interesting things so I have something to write about. I'll let you know which outcome wins.

*How about that title? Catchy, huh? Ketch-up - Catch Up! Clever, goofy, and really pretty meaningless, in one hyphenated word. Truth be told I'm a little hungry and was thinking about fries...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Get that nursery finished, I think it's getting just about time for us to fill it with the last and most element. I say US because my nursery is missing the exact same thing and of course, we are logged in the exact same day!!!

Come on referrals, make 'em fast and make that package HEAVY. Storks are strong, they can carry many days worth of referrals in their trusty pouches.