I woke up early, but stayed in bed. I laid there trying to do math in my head and figure out what time it was in China. Too much to think about on an empty stomach. I went downstairs and convinced my DH to join me for breakfast tacos at the 'Bana. That was the last time I remember relaxing...
I have discovered that when your mind is working overtime - do mundane tasks. I spent the early part of the morning sanding gray paint off of a 1950's stereo cabinet. Actually sanding proved to be very rewarding. Not only did I get the cabinet in great shape for finishing, but I learned that it is hard to concentrate on anything but the task at hand. The few times I let my mind wander to tomorrow, I vibrated the sander right over my gloved hands.
Next on the agenda, I finished painting the nursery closet. At last. I have started and stopped at least 6 times. Finally the painting is complete. I took the closet door off so I needed the inside of the closet to look as good as the room. I also got DH to help me hang the clothes rods. And of course, I hung up tons of clothes. I was hoping to get the DH to hang the chandelier I bought, but I guess he's not on the same "gotta get it done" schedule.Covered in paint and dust from the sander, I hit the shower. (I'll leave out that picture for the faint at heart!) Out of the shower, quick PB&J and it's off to do some shopping. DH and I scouted out video cameras at Best Buy. We decided on one but they were out of stock. Figures. Looks like no video of the referral call.
Enough of the browsing... I dropped the hubby off at home and headed out for some power shopping. Really invigorates the spirit and relaxes the mind. Can't think about tomorrow when you are trying to decide on the green or the pink rug!
Can't shop forever, well maybe I could, but regardless, I had other things to do. Up next was a light for the nursery. I took an old broken crystal lamp I had bought several years ago for a buck at a yard sale and dismantled it. Cleaned up the crystals and had DH drill holes in some wooden balls. Rewired the lamp, put it all together, added a lampshade, plugged it in... and wha-la! Let there be light. There was one minor shocking incident when I forgot to unplug the lamp before taking it back apart to have DH check the wiring. Nothing major, just a nice jolt to get me going again!
I managed to get some dinner in and a quick load of laundry, then on to the next project. We are having a company baby shower for our office manager at work and I volunteered to make a special gift. I printed out our company logo onto iron on transfer paper and pressed it onto some white fabric. Then I made it into a bib. (Making bibs is just another in a long line of hobbies and money making ideas that I am perfecting for when I decide to retire early!) DH took time away from his Internet surfing and blueberry smoothie to model the bib for you this evening. Thanks DH!Finally I think I am worn out. I know I will sleep tonight. I can't possible do another chore or make another thing... wait just got an IM from a guy I used to work with. Hi G. Cool, now I can chat a while longer and hopefully get my mind off the long night ahead.
Tonight I'm frazzled and tired from so much activity. But trust me, you will see a renewed energy and a spring in my step tomorrow.
Tomorrow our entire lives may change forever!
1 comment:
Congrats on the referral! I CAN"T wait to see pictures and hear about it. We are supposed to be having an FFA dinner in Clear Lake on August 19. I hope you can make it. We are figuring out details. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment