Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Jul 17, 2006

Week In Review

Every week at work I have to create a document with information on all tasks completed for the week, including forwarding looking dates and events. Since I haven't posted to my blog in over a week, I thought it would be appropriate to do an "at-home" version. So here it is...

My Week in Review:

Started reading various packing lists aquired from China adoption boards and other blogs. Went a little overboard with the colored hilighters and categorizing.

Spent a large part of the week on work. I was hosting a museum team from St. Louis that came to Houston to participate in a reduced gravity flight program, better known as a ride on the "Vomit Comet". Yes, there are parts of my job I really enjoy!

Stewed over speculations of a CCAA move this month. As if we haven't waited long enough! If they actually move though, what will all the later LID groups use as rumors for why the wait is extending?!

Tended to my dh over the weekend. He developed a bad case of (what we think was) food poisoning. He was miserable. I made soup and washed the dishes after dinner. A seldom seen occurance in our house, but dh deserved the break since he was sick and all! *Update: DH is feeling better, not 100%, but was able to leave the house for the first time in 4 days.

Tried not to get too excited about the early rumors of a July 13 cut off date for this months referrals. This task showed signs of a difficult start, but we have settled into the wait-and-see attitude and continue to take new rumors in stride.

Decided to recover a thrift store rocking chair for the nursery. It is still a work in progress.

Tried not to get to upset about the CCAA move rumors pushing the release of this months referral back a few weeks. Continue to believe that this will not affect us.

Attended a Children's Tag Sale at a local church and bought (yes, I know) more clothes! There were three woman sifting through big tubs of all sizes of baby clothes. Every time they found something cute they would oooh and ahhh, then put it in MY stack! I ended up with about 16 outfits for only $5. Not a bad deal.

Looking Ahead:

Committed to another week of board searching, blog reading, and specualtions to find out the next referral cut-off rumor and updates on the CCAA move.

Will continue to input data in our preformatted master packing list and search everyone else's lists for the elusive item sure to be make our trip to China miserable if it is left off ours.

Will try not to let work interfere with my "real life" this week. I've got more important things to stress about!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Nice, if you find any items I must HAVE on my packing list please please send me an email. Maybe I've missed something!

Let's get that stork in the air, my suitcase is getting too heavy already :)