After breakfast we went for a little shopping. We wondered around the area and in to a few shops. They are high pressure salesman around her. If you start to walk away the deals get better and better. We didn't end up with much except some nice jade jewelry and a few paper-cuts of a rooster. (This is you last opportunity to send me an email requesting anything special for us to bring home.) After a morning of strolling and shopping we went back to the hotel for a nap.
Well DH and baby napped - momma went back out to the stores. I found a small shop that sells antiques from China. Most appeared to be one of a kind. I had spotted some ceramic blue tigers in the window in the days past and was finally kid free and comfortable enough to walk in. (I was so afraid Ty would grab something.) The tigers from the window were gone and probably for the best since they were very expensive. I decided on a smaller pair to bring home and someday to pass onto Ty when she has a family and home of her own. The pair of tigers are close to 100 years old and are supposed to symbolize protection for the home and child. They are just the kind of souvenir I was looking for.
After a quick bath we were ready for a trip to the Mattel playroom in the hotel. We met our friend Laurie there with her dad. She is from the same orphanage as Ty and lived in the room next door. Ty has really enjoyed the time in the playroom. She seems to love all the toys, especially the blocks. Play is serious business and her face reflects this - as one of our travel buddies said "Play is their work and it is serious business."
We got a treat in the evening by having dinner with our friends Kacey and her mom and Nana. Kacey is 2 pounds lighter than Ty but almost a year old. She is really a beautiful child who loves her mother and Nana very much. We met at the hotel and walked down to a nearby Thai restaurant. Believe it or not I think it was my favorite meals so far. Ty loved the noodles and steamed eggs. The evening was good company and good food. I really enjoyed meeting Kacey's mom as we have spend so long being in touch via our blogs and email. How cool to actually meet in person. (You can follow her trip by clicking on the link to her blog on the right side menu.) On the way back to the hotel, Kacey sang her family song and Ty perked up immediately. I think she may know that tune. We'll work on it.
Tonight the DH and Ty are asleep early again. I am getting them trained well. Too bad we have to make an adjustment with the time change. Tomorrow we will stay in our rooms in the morning while our guide goes to the US Consulate to represent our families and submit our paperwork. We must stay by the phone in the morning incase there is a problem and we have to go to the consulate to redo paperwork. After lunch we are meeting the other families for the famous "red couch photos". We bought Ty a little gold dress and I am excited to see her in it.
That's all for now... the sleep thing is starting to sound good. We haven't heard much from all of you so we hope that all is well. Until tomorrow...

Ty discovering new toys in the playroom.

Ty enjoys the bath.

Our blogger buddies - Kacey and her mama.

DH mediates some playtime mayhem.
5 comments:
Yay, shopping and blogger-buddy meet-ups. Sounds like a great day!
Trying again...I typed in whole thing and then I think I pushed wrong button. I am nervous that you are not getting my e-mails, so I am posting here.
All is well at your house and doggies are fine. Saydee and I had long talk today about her breed and it's reputation for being protective of children. So I expect her to live up to it. And, Buddy, he doesn't listen to anything I say. He likes to get on the other side of the doggie door and have me hand him his half of the treat through there. He does it every single time I go there.
Anyway, I just wanted to know if you needed me to go to store for anything before you get home, i.e. baby food, formula, diapers (what size) and baby proofing stuff.
It is getting close to you coming home and we are really excited. Just let me know what you need, and we will there to pick you up (you can be sure of that).
Love and kisses,
Mom
P. S. As far as request for gift from China, the only request we have is Tyler...she is the best gift of all.
Glad to hear you are getting some play time in between all the required stuff! We love reading the updates! We sent you an email.
Mo and Ging
hi traci. all i want from china is my sister. i have missed you.... oh and tyler too... oh and steve too. ive been thinking about what kind of hair tyler will like when she is a teen. i think you may be in trouble trace...she sounds an awful lot like you. ill get the pink hair die ready..
love you guys
kristi
Call me prejudice, but Tyler IS the prettiest baby of all the pics you have posted here. She truly is. Like I need to convince you guys! Just wanted to state my opinion. I have a pic up here at work in the kitchen of here in her little purple outfit. With her "Look at me I'm hot stuff" expression! Have a safe trip home. Can't wait to meet Tyler!
Kathy LaGrange
Post a Comment