---------------------------
Gotcha day was a blur. After the morning mayhem of meeting the babies, we returned to our hotel for a few hours to get to know our babies. We signed a paper granting us temporary custody until the afternoon. This was our waiting period to make sure that we "liked the baby" and "wanted to keep her". Ah, duh. No way she was going back!!

Back at the hotel...Not quite sure yet.
We went back to the CAB in the afternoon to finalize the deal. :) This time it was only our three families in the room with a CAB official and a notary. First we had our family passport photo taken (they definitely didn't get my best side) then they put Ty's footprint on the documents in red ink. Her feet are fairly, okay definitely, big! The footprint went well into the written document. We put an additional stamp on a small notebook i had and it barely fits on the page! The CAB official asked us some questions* and we had to swear to never abandon her and always take care of her. (Again, duh!) We paid our fee and gave a gift. Then a quick trip to the other side of the room to see the notary. She asked us the same questions and a few more before she gave us the okay. She kept saying how beautiful Tyler was and actually got her to smile at something she said. What was that she said?

Ty stamping her footprint on the paperwork.
That was it... we are now officially mother and father to Lu Yueman! Really. We've got the papers to prove it!
After a quick trip to the grocery store for rice cereal and Chinese formula, it was back to the hotel for dinner and sleep. We had some idle time before dinner so we played with T-baby in the room. While I made bottles, DH watched Ty. All the sudden from the bathroom/kitchen/dishwasher I heard noises... giggle noises! I came quickly around the corner to see two kids (one small, one big) looking at me with big eyes, like I had caught them doing something bad! While I was in the room she wouldn't even crack a smile but baba can make her giggle with delight. After dinner we got another small treat... four steps!

Trip to the grocery store.
------------------------------
The DH can't wait any longer. It is time to wake Ty up from her nap. I'll write some more this evening and find some pics of her smiling.
1 comment:
Dear Tyler,
I can't wait till you come home! I love looking at the pictures of your trip! I hope I see you soon!
Love,
Juliana
Post a Comment