Blogger was blocked in China. I am recreating the journey to Eli by adding and backdating posts starting on Dec 19. Will take a little time.

Sep 17, 2006

We made it!

After 2 1/2 days of planes and airports, we have finally arrived in Hefei. We are both suffering from a huge case of jet lag. We have not slept since, well since, it's been so long I can't remember. Our flight from Houston was delayed for over 2 hours. It's pretty frustrating being less than 10 minutes away from your home and forced to sit there and wait. We were afraid our trip would be stalled before we even got started. But we made the flight and hustled through LAX to find we still had time to sit in another airport and wait for our flight to China.

We arrived in Guangzhou at 5:00am (China time) and met up with another IFS family. Together we sat in the airport until 12:30, trying to stay awake. It better be true that sleeping makes it harder the next day! Not too long after we found our guide and loaded up onto another flight towards another airport. Thankfully this is our last flight for a few days. (More on Hefei later)

Now the good stuff...



We have to get some rest because our guide has managed to get us the first appointment in the morning. 8:30 am we will meet and see Ty for the first time! We also managed to get an afternoon appointment to make the adoption final. (They said our guide was always quick and they weren't kidding!) I'm too tired to pack a bag and too groggy to worry about it. I figure when we wake up in the middle of the night, we'll have something to do.

We also found out that we will be able to visit the orphanage and her finding spot. Stay tuned for details.

PS: Quick introduction - Ginger has graciously volunteered to post for us when and if we are unable to do so. Please welcome her and maybe comment so she continues to believe that people are actually interested in what goes on at this blog!!

7 comments:

atomic mama said...

Wow, that is quick! Good luck tomorrow - I'll definitely be checking in!

Jenn said...

I am here waiting, watching, wishing the best for you and your family!

Jenn
Fellow IFS family

Anonymous said...

Ginger,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The internet and this blog is our lifeline right now. I am glad to see a crib in their hotel room. I've heard of people saying that had to slide two chairs together and make make-shift cribs. I hope the next picture we see of that crib will be with little Tyler in it.

Judy (alias: Nana) (alias: nervous mom)

Anonymous said...

Trying again...

Valeri said...

This is so exciting reading your journey! I'm so thrilled for you!

Valeri
Another IFS Family

Anonymous said...

I had a lump in my throat reading the latest entry. Hard to believe the time is actually here and you will be a family of three within hours from now. Hope you both got a little rest (last you will have for awhile:)
Love you all, Uncle Tim and Aunt Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ginger for filling us in on all that's happening in Hefei. I am bound for my Hefei trip in 18 days' time and I am following this closely to get tips from Traci and family !

Keep this going...we are very interested and God bless us all !