Saturday, August 26:
IT'S A BABY SHOWER!
My first one ever! What fun. I really enjoyed spending the afternoon amongst good friends. My dear MIL and three of her friends (A,A,& L) organized a baby shower for me and baby Ty. The food was yummy and the cake was delicious! (I'm still nibbling on some at home.)Ty and I, but mostly Ty, received some wonderful gifts. Notice the picture of me sporting the new diaper bag and stroller. Okay, you guys are quick, that's not really me in the picture - it's just a life-like drawing! Okay so it really doesn't look anything like me or the stroller! I was too busy opening gifts and playing games to think about taking pictures. I am hoping that someone will send me some that they took.
Anyway, I had a great time and I owe a huge thank you to everyone who took time away from a busy Saturday to celebrate the pending arrival of our first daughter. We are very fortunate to have such great friends and family. I promise that next time we get together I'll have Ty in tow.
Sunday, August 26:
WORK DAY AT HOME!
Today was work day at our house. Better known as the "holy cow we can't bring a baby home with the house in this state of chaos oh and what about the home study update can somebody please help me NOW" day. Special thanks goes out to my mom and sister who rallied around and helped me organize, clean, and finish decorating several rooms in the house. (Most notably the nursery which I will post pictures of soon.) Oh and my dad and DH did a good job too. In between sitting on the sofa and watching sports they managed to fit in a few handyman items.
Monday, August 28 - Friday, Sept 1:
WORK, PLAN, STRESS, WORK!
This week has been busy. I have been working hard at my job trying to get ahead and everyone up to speed before I go on leave. Who knew people relied on me for so much!
Tuesday found me at the Chinese Consulate applying for our travel visas. Everyone was very polite and helpful. (Our US gov offices could learn a thing or two.) There was no line. I just walked in handed over my passport and left. Four hours later I returned, paid and left with a stamped passport.
We received our plane tickets this week. Now we are waiting on our in-China itinerary. The only thing we know so far is:
- Depart Houston 9/15
- Arrive in LA 9/15
- Depart LA 9/15
[did we lose a day here somewhere?!]
- Arrive Guangzhou 9/17
- Depart Guangzhou 9/17
- Arrive Hefei 9/17
- [insert China itinerary here]
- Consulate Appt 9/26
- Depart Guangzhou 9/27
- Arrive in LA 9/27
- Depart LA 9/28
- Arrive in Houston 9/28
Okay that just about brings us up-to-date. We continue to spend every evening cleaning and organizing the house. This coming weekend we plan to do some child-proofing and shopping for our trip. We will also try our hand at packing our suitcases and guestimating if we will make the weight limit! So tune in for more exciting stuff and I promise to try to keep up!
1 comment:
You are so funny! What a nice long blog - I hope I wasn't the only one harassing you to write! LOL Guess you didn't know the level of interest your blog brings to us waiting in the wings! Hang in there girl!
Post a Comment